Whilst looking for some Pancake Day recipe ideas, I heard about Mocha Pancakes. It sounds so simple when you see it, but what a delicious idea! It has to be a must-try this Pancake Day.
For those with a sweet tooth and a love for all things coffee, the mocha pancake is sure to be a hit. Try this recipe – it makes 1 large pancake or 4 small pancakes.
- 65g Plain Flour
- 315ml Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1½ tbsp Espresso Ground Coffee
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- Mix together the milk, egg and butter in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, ground coffee, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Try not to over-mix, and having some lumps is fine!
- Pour the desired pancake size onto a hot griddle. This recipe can make 1 large pancake or 4 small ones.
- Cook on each side for a minute each and then serve – add a sauce topping if you like.
Optional Mocha Syrup:
- Add 125ml of brewed coffee, 32g of cocoa powder and
32g of sugar into a saucepan.
- Mix everything continuously on medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Add to your pancakes for a delicious mocha syrup.