To make the perfect coffee, you can't just rely on a state-of-the-art machine and the finest beans. In order to consistently create excellent lattes, cappuccinos and macchiatos you'll need knowledge, skill and passion for the art of espresso.
What is a barista?
Simply put, a barista is a person who serves espresso-based drinks in a coffee bar using a commercial espresso machine.
Good espresso making is essential to a barista's role, and so training and practice will help you prepare the best possible espresso.
The Caffe Society Barista Training Course
- Learn true Barista skills from experts in all things coffee.
- A simple barista course that helps you get hands-on with all things espresso.
- Available to groups of a range of sizes and ability levels.
Opening a Coffee Shop?
This course will impart all the practical tips, tricks and techniques that you will need to brew the perfect espresso and whip up the perfect cappuccino in your coffee shop.
Start off your new challenge of opening a coffee shop with the best foundation - a thorough knowledge of how to make great coffees.
Our course leader is a highly skilled professional, with decades of coffee industry experience. An associate member and fully accredited by the Beverage Service Association, the Speciality Coffee Association of Europe and the Speciality Coffee Association of America, you are learning from one of the best in the business.
The objective of the training is to ensure that all attendees gain a fully comprehensive understanding of coffee and that they can use their espresso machine and other essential items of equipment to deliver excellent coffee.
Essential practical skills that you will also learn include:
- How to make the full range of speciality coffee drinks.
- Coffee and the subtle differences from drink to drink.
- Keeping your equipment clean for extra longevity and better tasting coffee.
Our barista training course is FREE OF CHARGE to all of our customers who regularly purchase coffee and ingredients from Caffe Society.
That's right, free barista training – all you need to provide is your own transport to our facilities.
If you're not a customer of ours then don't worry! This course is available to anyone at a cost of £125, then £75 for each additional trainee - e.g. £200 for two people etc.
So even if you don't own a coffee shop, cafe or restaurant, then we'd like to train you too! Take your first tentative steps into the wide world of coffee!
Do you have a coffee lover in your life? Barista training days are a fantastic gift for those who love their coffee and want to learn about the trade and industry as a whole.
- 2/3 Hours – Our expert course leaders can have you go from complete coffee novice to confident coffee-maker in a few short hours.
Barista Course Contents
A typical barista training course will include:
- The coffee revolution – The history of coffee, the culture associated with it and why it’s on the rise.
- Where coffee comes from – From the bean belt to our roaster and in to your store.
- Understanding coffee – Arabica or Robusta, single-origin and why the differences are important.
- The importance of the grinder – How to set it just right and why it won’t grind your gears.
- Know your espresso machine – From groupheads to steam arms and everything else between.
- Express espresso – How to grind, dose, tamp and extract and produce a perfect shot of coffee.
- Technical tools – Why the tools of the trade are important when making the perfect coffee.
- The art of milk – Perfectly heated and foamed milk is vital to coffee, learn about the hows and whys.
- Specialities – Learn about speciality coffees and then create them.
- Cleaning – Vital advice on how to keep your equipment in pristine working order.
All barista training courses are held at our headquarters in Sherburn-in-Elmet, near Leeds. With a variety of Astoria, HLF and Expobar espresso machines on-site, all trainees will be able to get hands on and learn their trade on some of the best pieces of equipment on the market.
Our expert barista coaches have extensive industry experience and are true masters of the art of coffee making. When enrolled on the course, our crack training team are constantly on hand to help you (and your staff) become masters of making speciality coffee.
How to find us
So what are you waiting for? Sign up today!
How do I apply?
Either drop us an e-mail via our contact form or call us on 01977 687 580 to speak a member of our team about taking your first steps into making coffee like a professional.