Warranty (Coffee Machines)
Should you (the Customer) encounter any faults or issues with your product after you have purchased it, you should first access the comprehensive user manuals provided to attempt troubleshooting.
If this is unable to solve your issue then please call the Caffe Society Service Team on 01977 687580 during office hours (8.30-17.00, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
Our operators may be able to suggest simple troubleshooting steps or if required will put you through to an engineer or arrange for an engineer to call you back. The engineer will attempt to troubleshoot the issue over the telephone and if this is unsuccessful you will be informed the next steps required which will depend on whether the fault falls or may fall under the terms of your warranty and the type of warranty.
All warranties provided with equipment are operated and controlled by either Caffe Society or the machine’s manufacturer. This will be specified on your order form and invoice at the point of purchase along with the type of warranty. This warranty is only applicable to mainland UK. Please note that certain perishable items will not be covered under warranty such as seals and gaskets. If you are unsure at any point what is covered and what is not covered by warranty please contact our sales office on 01977 687 580 (this does not affect your statutory rights).
Faulty goods / Product failure
In the event of a failure or breakdown of the goods supplied within the warranty period, you (the Customer) must inform us as soon as you become aware of the defect or failure prior to the expiry of the warranty period. Caffe Society will not accept responsibility for any defect or failure of goods notified after the expiry of the warranty period no matter when the defect or failure occurred — this includes prior to the warranty expiry date.
Individual product warranty information listed on the specific website product page, order confirmation email and invoice email will override any warranty details printed within manufacturer brochure or found on any other external media/documentation including, but not limited to, a product manufacturer's website or brochure.
We (Caffe Society) reserve the right to take a debit or credit card or other type of payment in advance of arranging a warranty service call. Payments will be refunded if the fault is covered by manufacturer warranty but will be retained if the fault or defect is not covered under these terms. Examples of key exclusions include, but are not limited to: incorrect installation, damage, misuse or lack of maintenance that leads to a breakdown or product failure including descaling and cleaning.
Types of Warranty
NB: This will be specified on your order form and invoice
PARTS ONLY WARRANTY
A Parts Only Warranty allows you (the Customer) to source (at your own cost) fully qualified engineer to carry out diagnostic work on a problem.
This engineer report must be forwarded directly to Caffe Society, which is then assessed directly by the product manufacturer.
If you prefer, you can pay for one of our engineers to attend site on a call out and hourly rate basis.
Once approved by ourselves (or the manufacturer where applicable), the parts required will be sent to you (the Customer) as required – please note that you may be required to pay upfront for the replacement part – this is then refunded when faulty part is returned.
RETURN TO BASE WARRANTY
You (the Customer) must arrange – at your own cost – for any faulty unit(s) to be returned directly to the manufacturer for repair if items are covered under a return-to-base warranty.
You (the Customer) may also be liable to pay for return carriage costs once a repair has been completed.
The Customer must ensure that all items are packaged securely, as Caffe Society (nor the manufacturer) is not liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of any poorly sealed package during transit.
All labour warranties are only applicable for mainland UK and any other sites outside of this will be limited to a parts only warranty unless directly specified in the Caffe Society order terms and conditions.
PARTS AND LABOUR WARRANTY
A Parts and Labour Warranty covers the cost of both the part and onsite labour required to repair any fault covered by the specific product warranty.
In case of issues or faults not covered by specific warranty, Customer card details may be required at the point of a claim.
This payment method will only be charged should the issue or fault be deemed outside of warranty.
For further Parts and Labour Warranty information related to a specific product, please call 01977 687 580.
- The terms of the warranty offered by Caffe Society covers breakdowns and malfunctions experienced with your coffee machine that was originally purchased from us. Exceptions to this rule are outlined below.
- Our standard labour warranty for breakdowns that have not occurred due to cleaning problems is available 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, on a 36 hour call out basis. This is not a guaranteed time scale and occasionally we cannot adhere to this guide due to factors out of our control such as traffic problems, weather conditions, unavailable parts, etc. We at Caffe Society understand the 36 hour call out to mean calls will be dealt with within 36 hours after they have been logged with a workshop engineer and our service team have logged the fault thereafter. Out of office hours – An engineer’s emergency number can be obtained from the answer service on the main telephone line.
- Failure to carry out the cleaning procedures as demonstrated during the installation of the equipment and outlined in the welcome letter will invalidate any warranty they are currently under. You are responsible for descaling the machine or replacing any water filter on a regular basis. Subsequently, a charge will be incurred for any breakdowns attended by one of our engineers or associates which have occurred due to cleaning problems.
- The warranty does not cover parts that have been damaged or mistreated by the user in any way.
- We are not liable for any claim arising out of the condition or quality of the equipment, or any consequential damages including loss of earnings or profits suffered by you, if the equipment is or becomes unusable. For example; if your machine or associated pipework leaks, we are not liable for consequential damages or damage to property. Your insurance should cover this.
- If so required, you shall allow Caffe Society to inspect the equipment at any time convenient to ourselves.
- The warranty shall cease immediately if:-
- The machine is modified or added to in any way not previously agreed with Caffe Society in writing.
- The instructions contained in the operators’ manual are not complied with.
- The machine is serviced, relocated or maintained by anybody other than Caffe Society during the terms of the parts and labour warranty purchased with the machine.
Issues/items not covered by warranty
- Cleaning related issues – any call out due to lack of cleaning of any part or non-use of recommended cleaning products
- Lime Scale – any calls due to breakdowns caused by scale related faults.
- Milk Frothing – any calls related to “milk not frothing” caused by stale milk or blocked milk pipes.
- Blocked Steamer – any calls for “no steam” caused by the outlet holes on the steamer not being cleaned.
- Blocked Groups – any calls for “no water/coffee coming through group” caused by the groups not being cleaned.
- Water Filters – any calls due to scale related faults if after refusing advisory water filters on machines.
- Training – training on use and daily maintenance of the equipment is given at the time of installations. Any calls for further training or for training on a day other than that of installation will be fully chargeable.
- Service – we recommend at least every 12 months your machine is serviced by one of our engineers. This is an additional cost and always chargeable, dependent on your yearly spend.
- Misuse/Breakages – any calls made as a result of accident, neglect or operator malpractice and any other calls for or as a result of equipment relocation.
- Coffee Volumes – any calls to alter the programming of coffee volumes after initial installation. This also includes grinders, any calls to reset coffee grind or jammed blades.
- Cleaning Products – All cleaning products must be ordered from Caffe Society and used in conjunction with manufacturers guidelines. Failure to do so will invalidate your warranty.
- Milk Coolers - These are not covered under your coffee machine warranty or cannot be purchased with a warranty on them. The reason for this is because all coolers are pre-drilled to fit your coffee machine and this in turn makes the warranty void.
Caffe Society Ltd is not liable for any loss of profits, business interruption or sales issues that may occur directly, indirectly or incidentally due to a defective or faulty commercial unit. It is the customer or business owner's responsibility to ensure that these eventualities are prepared for, as such Caffe Society cannot offer any replacement to cover this loss of equipment.
You (the Customer) agree that we (Caffe Society) will not be liable for any losses – includes loss of business, business interruption or loss of time – or damage suffered as a result of failure to report a fault or defect within good time or failure to provide adequate access to the Goods for repairs, service or engineer survey.
All commercial gas appliances must be installed by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer. Failure to do so will void product warranty of which Caffe Society is not liable.
Call outs as a result of the customer (user) error, equipment misuse or equipment misappropriation (using an item for a task other than its intended purpose or design) will incur a customer charge.
Nothing within this agreement shall exclude Caffe Society statutory liability for injury or death.
Caffe Society wish you many years of satisfaction with your coffee machine.
Please keep these warranty instructions in a safe place once you have read the important information contained herein.